Speciality Valve is the prime Needle valve manufacturer in India. Needle valves are a type of valve which can be used to regulate the flow of a substance, usually gas or water through appliances or systems. It is also known as a plunger valve. The plunger features a small handle which is known as a handwheel. If the valve is turned the space is open between the needle and the seat which will result in a minimal amount of substance being able to pass through the needle valve.
The needle valves are also highly resistant to both hot and cold temperatures while providing exceptional service life in high-pressure or high-vibration environments. They create a high-pressure drop when open and allow for even easier metering. They are not suitable for situations that require rapid changes in the valve state. Moving through the full range of motion of the needle-shaped plunger often requires many rotations of the screw handle.
It controls the flow of delicate gauges, which might be damaged by sudden fluid under pressure. Needle valves are also used in circumstances where the flow must be slowly brought to a halt and at other points where precise adjustments of flow are necessary or where a small flow rate is desired. Throttling service needle valves are used.
The major roles of valves enact by flow control, pump start, pressure regulation, turbine by-pass, flow discharge, and air regulations.
Types of Needle Valves:
- Motorized Needle Valve- use electric or pneumatic actuator for operation
- Angle Needle Valve- turn the output by 90degrees instead of in-line
Advantages of Needle valve:
- The flow control at a low rate is very exact
- Needle valves are very smaller in size and shape.
- Flow rates can be set accurately
- These valves can shut off easily
- Easy to install
Disadvantages of Needle valve:
- Pressure loss is high in needle valves
- High restriction of the fluid flow.
- It is only for low flow rates
- The damages could happen to the seat and the needle if the fluid has suspended solids.
- examining the handle position is difficult
Industries of Needle Valve:
- Chemical Processing
- Wastewater Treatments
Parts of Needle valve:
- Handle screw
- Available Materials: SS316, SS304, CF8, CF8M, F55, F53, F51
- Class: 150 to 2500
- Nominal Pressure: PN10 to PN450
- Size: 1/2” to 2”
- Ends: Threaded, Socket weld, Butt weld
- Operations: Hand wheel operated
Needle Valve Body: SS304, F304 Seal: Nitrile or Viton Nominal Size: DN8 to DN20 Nominal Pressure: 1500, 6000PSI Needle Valve Type: bar stock body or forged body Pattern: Straight or Angle Dimensions […]